In a final attempt to topple Avatar as the highest grossing movie worldwide of all time, Marvel Studios is re-releasing Avengers: Endgame this Friday and offering up a few extras to entice moviegoers back into seats for one last ride. The new cut will feature an introduction from co-director Anthony Russo and include new footage in the form of “an unfinished deleted scene.” It will also feature a sneak peek at Spider-Man: Far from Home before it hits theaters next week. Fans who attend screenings at select theaters will also have an opportunity to pick up a new poster featuring an awesome drawing of the Iron Man Infinity Gauntlet with the tag line: “We Love You 3000.” Ahh…
When Endgame is released on home video, fans will be treated with hours of new footage and bonus content, including six deleted scenes, a retrospective on the late, great Stan “The Man” Lee, and something everyone is clamoring for: more “Bro Thor.” Here’s the complete list of bonus material:
- “Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance” – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in Avengers: Endgame. (Digital Exclusive).
- “Remembering Stan Lee” – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- “Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.” – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- “A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America” – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- “Black Widow: Whatever It Takes” – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- “The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame” – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- “The Women of the MCU” – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- “Six Deleted Scenes” – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- “Gag Reel” – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- “Visionary Intro” – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- “Audio Commentary” – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Avengers: Endgame will release on Digital HD, 4K and Movies Anywhere on July 30, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on August 13.
As long as you’re in the mood for more Endgame, here is an absolutely brilliant re-creation of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor’s final battle with Thanos rendered in glorious 16-bit animation.